Simple: he’s a media guy who broadcasts out of his 55th floor Chicago studio and from trade show floors across America. He interviews people, drawing out lessons improving both business acumen and lifestyle design, making you happier and more successful.
Todd also curates a merry band of creative rebels, and presents their essays here. These writers all live and work a little differently than most. You can find the collection here.
A (contented) retired marketing strategist, (happily) retired national political operative, and (thankful) former lobbyist, Todd has published six books (find the sixth here for FREE), and lives with his wife Stephanie and dog Shiloh in the Chicago Loop.
Todd has co-founded a family foundation, is a writer, foodie, bibliophile, pretend triathlete, and viewer of too many documentaries.
As for the work itself, some say Todd and his team simply tell stories. Some define his media platform as a “hybrid of journalism, storytelling, and PR.” Others have called this place “Netflix for business people.” We have no argument with that.
The company (a LLC) and the podcast were named after the lunar lander Intrepid from the Apollo 12 mission (not the Dodge car or the aircraft carrier moored on the Hudson). Being intrepid isn’t about being fearless. That cannot be done. Being intrepid is being afraid, and diving-in head first anyway. That’s the Intrepid Way….
How to contact Todd Schnick:
“Thanks, Todd. That was a fabulous conversation, and I don’t just say that all the time.”TOM PETERS
Some of Todd’s favorite interviews (new gallery in progress):
“Enjoyed chatting with Todd Schnick because of the insightful way he reveals more about what the book is really about and why it was written.”DR. MAX MCKEOWN
Click on the book cover below to read Todd’s latest book (for free)!
“One of the top interviewers I’ve had the pleasure to work with.”CHARLES G. HANNA
Life Chronology (A long, slow work in progress…)
- Born in Aurora, IL in May, 2969.
- Formed company, The Intrepid Group, LLC is January, 2007, named after the lunar landing vehicle from Apollo 12, The Intrepid, which landed on the Moon in November, 1969.
- Graduated Trinity Preparatory School in 1987.
- Graduated The Florida State University, with degrees in History and Political Science, in 1991.
- Aide to Congressman Cliff Stearns from 1992-1994.
- Staff at the Republican Party of Florida from 1995-2000, serving as Political Director during the 2000 Presidential election.
- Executive Director, Nevada Republican Party, 2001
- Executive Director, Georgia Republican Party, 2002
- Lobbyist, 2003.
- Partner, The Strategum Group, 2004-2006.
- Founded The Intrepid Group, LLC in January, 2007.
- Married the former Stephanie Ann Lloyd on 12.12.12.
- Moved to Chicago, IL in February, 2016.
- Co-founded The Todd + Stephanie Schnick Foundation in December, 2018.