Todd answers the (in)famous Proust Questionnaire:
What is your idea of perfect happiness? A five-hour meal with my wife, Stephanie.
What is your greatest fear? That the life I’m currently living with Stephanie and my work isn’t real…that I’ll wake up from the dream.
What historical figure do you most identify with? Abraham Lincoln. I’m nothing like him, but I aspire to be.
Which living person do you most admire? Bill Gates. If I am being honest, that’s whom I’m trying to replicate at the moment.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My temper.
What is the trait you most deplore in others? Those who tell me how sincere they are.
What is your greatest extravagance? Wine. Lots and lots o’ wine…
What is your favorite journey? Walking to brunch with Mrs. Schnick.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Self-control, because I don’t have any.
On what occasion do you lie? When I’m on social media. Which is why I’m trying to get the hell off social media.
What do you dislike most about your appearance? Just like my father; All gut, no ass.
What is your greatest regret? That it took me until almost 50 to figure my shit out.
Who or what is the greatest love of your life? My wife, Stephanie.
When and where are you the happiest? The moment I arrive home in Chicago after traveling.
Which talent would you most like to have? Songwriting.
What is your current state of mind? Unsettled, but moving in the right direction.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My temper.
What would you consider your greatest achievement? Despite my life’s choices to date, that I’m sane at 50.
If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? A jazz player.
What is your most treasured possession? My college graduation Rolex (1991), and my father’s college graduation Omega (1969).
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? When time is wasted.
What would you like to live? Chicago, where I live. And I’m never leaving.
What is your favorite occupation? Songwriter.
What is your most marked characteristic? That I follow the rules.
What is the quality you most like in a person? Consistency.
What do you most value in your friends? No judgement.
Who are your favorite writers? J.D. Salinger; Ian Fleming.
Who are your heroes in real life? Soldiers and first responders.
What is it that you most dislike? People who have to inform you that they are an expert.
How would you like to die? In my sleep.
Todd Schnick’s chronology:
- 1969; Born; Aurora, Illinois
- 1969; Apollo 12’s Intrepid, lands on the Moon (inspiration for company name)
- 1975; Moved to Simsbury, Connecticut
- 1981; Moved to Louisville, Kentucky
- 1985; Moved to Orlando, Florida
- 1987; Graduated, Trinity Preparatory School, Winter Park, FL
- 1987; Moved to Tallahassee, Florida
- 1990; Attended Christ Church, University of Oxford, Oxford, England
- 1991; Graduated, The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- 1992-1994; Aide, Congressman Cliff Stearns, Jacksonville, FL
- 1995-2000; Republican Party of Florida, Tallahassee, FL
- 2001; Executive Director, Nevada Republican Party, Las Vegas, NV
- 2002; Executive Director, Georgia Republican Party, Atlanta, GA
- 2003; Lobbyist, Atlanta, GA
- 2004-2006; Partner, The Strategum Group, Atlanta, GA
- 2007-present; Founder, The Intrepid Group, LLC, Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL
- 2012; Married the former Stephanie Ann Lloyd
- 2016; Moved to Chicago, Illinois
- 2018-present; Co-founder, The Todd & Stephanie Schnick Foundation, Chicago, IL