I am drafting my new ebook LIVE, in front of the world…as RAW as can be. Check back to see progress.
I think we want three things: One, we want peace, a quiet and dignified success, and a simple easing through what is a complicated world.
Two: How in the Holy Hell do we get through life in this crazy modern world?
And three: We want to succeed…however we define that for ourselves.
What follows is an ever-evolving collection of lessons, rules, guidelines, gospels, hacks, mindsets…all designed to teach you how to get through this crazy life in one piece, in peace. Let’s begin:
- Leave a small footprint. Some people cannot help it…they simply want to be seen and heard. Everywhere. But for most of us, this is distracting, and take us off the necessary focus to do our important work. You only need what you truly need. Lots of bells and whistles most likely aren’t the tipping point between satisfactory and amazing work. Simplicity and focus are what you truly need.
- Tread silently and lightly. The
- Be aware of the space around you. The
- Your actions WILL affect others. The
- Always be simplifying. The
- Seek occasional silence and quiet. The
- Takes notes to remember. Don’t trust your memory.
- Anticipate human action. You are human. You know how humans operate. So, why are you surprised at the thinks humans do? Give yourself more credit, but you have an incredible instinct to anticipate the moves most people will make. This gives you an edge…take advantage of it.
- Remove clutter. Don’t leave a mark.
- Don’t keep anything you don’t need. If you don’t need it, why in hell do you still have it? Get rid of it, now.
- Be well read. If you aren’t taking advantage of the knowledge available via books, you are simply missing out on significant opportunity. Shame on you.
- Be versed in current events and trends. But don’t become prisoner to them.
- Cash flow is king. To operate, you have to have cash. You need cash to make things happen. You don’t need to be a unicorn, but you need cash. If you have just a bit of cash, you need to live within your means. But you can do it.
- Get rid of one thing per day. Each day, get rid of one thing. I don’t care what it is. It can be a pair of socks, an old t-shirt, a receipt, a book you’ll never read, an appointment you don’t want to go to, whatever. If you aren’t careful, your life will get complex and you’ll have too much. You need a daily discipline to get rid of something each day.