Joined on the show by Katie Rasoul, Founder + Chief Awesome Officer with Team Awesome Coaching, and the author of Hidden Brilliance: A High-Achieving Introvert’s Guide to Self-Discovery, Leadership and Playing Big.
Notes + Discussion Guide from today’s conversation with Katie Rasoul:
- High-achieving introvert. Oxymoron?
- “Don’t assume that leaders are extroverts.”
- Discussion around the benefits of being a high-achieving introvert, especially in the context of leaders.
- “Listening is a superpower.”
- “The whole point of leadership is to form relationships with your talent.”
- Can introverts be considered NOT engaged?
- Importance of asking open-ended questions…
- Self-discovery…paying attention to our inner critics.
- Developing and harnessing your internal “Board of Directors.” Or, how to listen to yourself…
- “You should embrace the exercise of asking the hard questions internally.”
- “Why am I living based on someone else’s definition of success?”
- What happens if your definitions of personal success do not align with your current work?
- Katie’s three keys to success: Effective, Fulfilled, and Confidence.
- The “Slash and Burn” strategy. Or, what needs to go!
- Why FEAR can be a good thing! It enables you to “play big!”
- How to form daily habits and practices around all of this.
- The process of “cleansing your palate.” Finding space for yourself…
- “Getting as specific as possible.”
- What can employees do to community their needs as an introvert?
- What can management do to better serve/support the introverts in their organization?
Find Katie Rasoul’s book here:
View Katie Rasoul’s TEDx video here:
About Katie Rasoul:
Katie has led leadership development, team culture, employee engagement, organizational development and human resources best practices for more than a decade. She has most recently served as a Vice President of Human Resources for a nearly $4 billion publicly traded company, and also has extensive experience in leading operations and human resources, predominantly in the fast-paced retail industry.