Skip to the content
- I promise to spend less time on social media.
- I promise to journal every morning. When doing so, I accomplish two things: One, I discuss things that I am grateful for, and two, I write about the things that are bothering me, and in doing so, I get them off my mind, freeing me up to do important work.
- I promise to maintain my hard-earned weight loss from 2020, and in fact, have decided to attempt to lose a final ten pounds with a new destination of 175 lbs. But I will NOT be obsessive about this goal, and am in no rush to achieve it, if I ever do.
- I promise to continue clean and healthy eating learned in 2020 from my nutritionist. Still a lot to learn here, and still a lot of good food to eat, even when doing it this way! The fundamentals of eating clean encourage you to consume more whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains and healthy fats — and limit highly processed snack foods, sweets and other packaged foods.
- I promise to continue my weight training regimen, and building this habit.
- I promise to improve my focus on aerobic exercise. Of all my 2020 wellness successes, this was where I fell short. Getting the heart pumping regularly is the fountain-of-youth we’re all looking for. The goal being at least 75 to 100 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity per week.
- I promise to go to the dentist, the eye doctor, and continue getting my annual physical.
- I promise to continue working on my temper…my biggest weakness and fault.
- And I promise to stay sober. On January 19, 2021, I will be sober for six months. There are not many things I’m more proud of than this accomplishment.